Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chicken Quesadilla

photo courtesy of For the Love of Mom

  • 1 Whole Wheat Tortilla
  • 1/4 cup Southwest Shredded Cheese (President's Choice)
  • 4 tbsp Medium Salsa
  • 1/4 red pepper (thin slices)
  • 3-4 oz shredded chicken (already cooked)


I heat the pan on medium, then I spray it with my oil sprayer ( I recommend one of these to everyone) then place the tortilla in the pan. I then spread the salsa, cheese, chicken and peppers on HALF the tortilla. Then I fold the empty half of the tortilla on top of all the fixings. Then you just flip it after awhile till everything is warm, cheese is melting, and the tortilla gets crispy.

Then after I cut it, I finished it off with 2 tbsp low fat sour cream, and a dollop of Salsa Verde....You can also put some Pico De Gaillo on it!


Tip:
I like to roast my chicken in the oven with a few sprays of canola oil, a little salt & pepper. Then I shred it after it cools down. This way I have chicken for the whole week to use in salads, wraps, or pretty much whatever I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...