Monday, June 13, 2011

Cheesy Enchiladas






  • 1 package light/fat free cream cheese
  • 1 package Light Shredded Cheese (your choice, I like the Kraft Tex-Mex myself)
  • 1/4 sliced scallions
  • 6 - 8 Tortillas (depending on size)
  • 1 jar Salsa (I like the Thick & Chunky one's)
  • 1 Jalapeno (optional)

Beat cream cheese with electric mixer till smooth. Add 1 cup of the shredded cheese.


Tip: If you are adding Jalapeno's and want the flavour but not the heat, remove the vein's and the seeds. When you leave that in, that's what makes the dish hot.


Keep beating and add the onions and the jalapeno's (optional)


Spread about 1/4 cup (sometimes less depending on what size of tortilla) of the cheese mixture down the center of each tortilla




Tip: To make the tortilla easier to roll up, spread the mixture around it with a spatula


Roll up the tortilla's and place seam down in a 11x 7 inch baking dish.


Pour salsa over tortilla's and sprinkle some more cheese (I try to keep it lighter using only about 1/3 cup)
Just for color I also add a few chopped scallions on top.
Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.


I like to serve these with light/fat free sour cream, and/or salsa verde. You can also add a salad on the side for a full meal.

Tip: I also make these with extra lean ground beef that is already cooked and seasoned with taco seasoning. I just add it to the cheese mixture when blending. Make sure the meat is cooled though or you will melt the cheese. I would only use 1/2 pound for the whole recipe.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my crapping jesus I am so going to make that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.....I made it for dinner this evening, hence the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to make it on friday night. It has no meat or egg in it so Blake won't chuck a bitch fit. I told him eggs were terminated chicken pregnancies so now he won't eat them. My fault I guess :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. yayyyyy....let me know how you like it.....I'm so excited to find out!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...